- 8th Apr 2018 - A group of volunteers has set up a new instance of Freeciv-web on a new server, freecivweb.org. It does not have the user accounts and saved games from play.freeciv.org, and not everything works yet; so far only the Longturn multiplayer game is working.
- 7th Apr 2018 - The third beta of Freeciv 2.6.0 has been released.
- 24th Mar 2018 - Freeciv 2.5.11 fixes a regression in 2.5.10: a crash in the Windows build when resizing a dialog.
3rd Mar 2018 - The web version of Freeciv, play.freeciv.org, has been shut down. The sole volunteer who was running the service is no longer willing to continue doing so.
We haven't identified anyone else on the (very small) Freeciv team who has the skills and time to run this service hosted on freeciv.org, so you should expect it to be down for the foreseeable future.
- 20th Jan 2018 - Two new releases: Freeciv 2.5.10 (a bugfix release) and 2.6.0-beta2.
- 16th Sep 2017 - The first beta of Freeciv 2.6.0 has been released. Download it and report any bugs you spot.