- 13th Jul 2018 - The second release candidate for Freeciv 2.6.0 has been released.
- 9th Jul 2018 - A new Freeciv-web instance has been launched on isotrident.com. This server has working 2D and 3D single and multiplayer games, play-by-email and all other Freeciv-web features enabled.
- 30th Jun 2018 - The first release candidate for Freeciv 2.6.0 has been released.
- 8th Apr 2018 - A group of volunteers has set up a new instance of Freeciv-web on a new server, freecivweb.org. It does not have the user accounts and saved games from play.freeciv.org, and not everything works yet; so far only the Longturn multiplayer game is working.
- 7th Apr 2018 - The third beta of Freeciv 2.6.0 has been released.
- 24th Mar 2018 - Freeciv 2.5.11 fixes a regression in 2.5.10: a crash in the Windows build when resizing a dialog.
3rd Mar 2018 - The web version of Freeciv, play.freeciv.org, has been shut down. The sole volunteer who was running the service is no longer willing to continue doing so.
We haven't identified anyone else on the (very small) Freeciv team who has the skills and time to run this service hosted on freeciv.org, so you should expect it to be down for the foreseeable future.